Vegan Oil Free Spicy Pumpkin Bread… Pumpkin Spice Goodness!
The Fall is one of my favorite seasons. The color changes are beautiful, and I LOVE soups and warm breads, and all the comfort foods of Fall. Tonight, I decided to welcome fall with a hot and spicy pumpkin bread when we returned from our fall trip to Aspen, Colorado to see the colors.
Homemade savory breads do not need oil, butter or eggs. A combination of lemon juice and non-dairy milk provides the “eggs and oil” in typical breads.
The pumpkin bread lasted less than an hour, and it never even got to cool down to properly cook it. That makes it a win!
Enjoy the spicy pumpkin without the fat and calories!
¼ cup nondairy milk
¼ tsp lemon juice
15 ounces organic canned pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease or spray a standard bread pan or use a silicone pan with out any cooking spray or oil.
- Whisk non-dairy milk and lemon juice together until bubbly and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream pumpkin, sugar, maple syrup and extract together.
- In a large bowl, whisk pumpkin pie spice, flour, baking soda and baking powder together.
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour into bread pan, using a spatula to evenly distribute and smooth out the top.
- Place on the middle rack
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove pumpkin bread and place on a serving plate.