Invited to a party and need an appetizer? These Vegan Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are not only easy, they will fool meat eaters and make it so you can enjoy party food.
I am personally not a fan of vegan sausage, or vegan meat for that matter. But, in times of need, these little stuffed mushrooms please every palate.
Although you can choose any type of vegan sausage or flavor, my favorite are Field Roast brand. For this particular recipe I picked the Italian sausage flavor. I used 1 pound of small portobello mushrooms, stems removed, and cleaned. Then, Using four ingredients, the appetizer was ready.
If you use a mini muffin pan to bake them, the little mushrooms fit right in the mini muffin cup without rolling over. This helpful hint can help to transport your mushrooms as well.
I cooked the mushrooms at my host’s home, and I brought a tray to serve them on. As soon as the mushrooms went on the table, they were gone within 20 minutes. Apparently, my vegan mushrooms were quite popular compared to the meat-lover appetizers on the table.
You an also make this same recipe for an entree by simply using large portobello mushrooms to stuff.Print
Vegan Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms are a hit at any party. Just remember to take one before they disappear.
- 1 pound package baby portobello mushrooms, stems removed, washed and dried
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 Vegan Field Roast Italian Sausages, crumbled in a food processor
- 1/8 cup chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup panic bread crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees ( you may make ahead and cook when ready)
- Cut 2 vegans sausages into large pieces
- Place sausage pieces in a small food processor
- Process until crumbled by pulsing until large pieces are small and crumbly (do not over process)
- Cook onions and garlic in a medium skillet until translucent (5 minutes)
- Add a little vegetable broth or water if onions stick (you do not need oil)
- Add vegan sausage crumbles, and chopped rosemary
- Cook for several minutes until browned
- Add panic bread crumbles, and stir.
- Remove from heat and let cool to the touch
- Place cleaned mushroom caps into mini muffin holes with the hole exposed
- Using a small spoon and your hands, stuff the mushrooms, using your hands to pack in the stuffing in each mushroom, rounding it off on the top of each
- Cover with aluminum foil to store in the refrigerator
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes
- Using a spoon, remove each mushroom and place on a tray for serving