Baked “No Egg” Rolls are low in calories, vegan and delicious as an appetizer or entree. Crunchy egg rolls don’t need to be fried. Try these bite sized wonders. You will love them.
- 2 Avocados, mashed
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil; dried in a package, and rehydrated), chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 red onions, diced
- 1/8 cup Teryaki Sauce (I used Amy’s)
VEGAN EGG ROLL WRAPPERS (I found mine at an Asian Market)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil 3/4 cup water; add 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes. Set aside, so they can rehydrate.
- Mash 2 avocados in a medium size bowl
- Add diced onions, and cilantro.
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes and chop.
- Add to avocado mixture.
- Set aside while you prepare other filling
- Shred carrots and cabbage and place together in a medium size bowl
- Add 1/2 diced red onions
- Add teriyaki sauce
- Stir contents together
WRAP AND ROLL
- Place a silicone baking mat or parchment paper on a large baking pan
- Take one wrapper and lay on a flat surface sideways with the wrapper turned to the side, points up (see above).
- Place filling in the middles
- Fold like an envelope, and roll tightly.
- Repeat with each egg roll until the fillings are gone (approximately 20 full sized rolls)
- Place each roll on the pan and few centimeters apart.
- Bake for 30 minutes, in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven; slice each one in half.
- I served with three sauces: Tamari or Soy/Sriracha, Asian Mustard, and Teriyaki Sauce