Try this savory, creamy cauliflower soup. It is packed with vegetables and clearly tastes too good to be “good for you.”
- 2 large shallots, diced
- 3 leeks, trimmed and cleaned (it is very important you rinse the multiple layers; leeks are fabulous but dirty); chopped
- 2 heads cauliflower, cored and chopped in bite sized pieces (reserve several small roasted pieces for soup garnish)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh chopped rosemary
- 8 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Onion powder
- 1/2 cup chives
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees; line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat
- After chopping and washing cauliflower, make a single layer of cauliflower on the cookie sheet.
- Generously season with garlic powder and onion powder
- Roast for 40 minutes until lightly brown on top
- While cauliflower roasted, saute garlic, leeks and shallots together in a soup pot
- Add 4 cups organic vegetable broth and stir; reduce heat to medium
- Add chopped potatoes and return heat to medium high. The potatoes need to cook through.
- Add rosemary
- Stir; cook until potatoes are soft (30 minutes)
- Using a high speed blender, combine small portions of broth shallot mixture and roasted cauliflower in the blender until smooth. It will be thick but blended without any chucks.
- Now return the thick mixture to the soup pot
- Using the remaining 4 cups or organic vegetable broth, add small amounts of broth and use an emulsion blender; the soup will thin out and brighten in color.
- Sprinkle the top with paprika
- Using the small pieces of roasted cauliflower and the chopped chives, decorate the center of the soup bowl.
No fat……..all veggies….YUM 🙂