“Crock..tober” is here, and Three- Bean Mega Veggie Chili the best way to welcome the cold weather. Although it has been raining for two days, and the chill of Fall is in the air, chili warms every part of your body. First, and foremost, it brews in the crockpot, and who doesn’t LOVE chili at a tailgate party?
First, using he crockpot is simple. For example, you can fill the crock pot the night before, and keep it overnight until you are ready to start it in the morning. Or, if you have time in the morning, you can throw it together in 20 minutes or less.
Personally, I like to chop all the veggies the night before, and throw it all together in 5 minutes in the morning. Regardless of your prepping style, using the crockpot allows the chili to brew while you work.
Although chili recipes are a dime a dozen, the ones that stick out to me are the ones with a variety of flavors and as many veggies as I can pack in. I also like to use a variety of beans to get a variety of textures.
This chili has three different kinds of beans, and ten different vegetables, so one bowl provides everything you could possibly need in the nutritional spectrum.
Furthermore, if you use a 7 quart or larger crockpot, you can feed a hungry group of 12, or freeze the rest for when you want it again.Print
Oil-free and loaded with 10 veggies, this crockpot chili won’t disappoint the crowd. Bring it to a tailgate party and watch it disappear.
- 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 yellow zucchini squash, diced
- 1 green zucchini squash, diced
- 1 sweet potato, skin on, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded, and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned, and diced, or you can use Beyond Meat Crumbles
- 2 can Muir Glen Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 16 ounces organic tomato sauce
- 1 package chili seasoning packet of choice
Optional: Cashew sour cream, chopped jalapeños, avocado, chopped tomatoes, red peppers, cilantro and limes
CASHEW SOUR CREAM
- 1 cup aw cashews (soaked overnight or 2–3 hours)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sauté red and white diced onion with 2 cloves of garlic
- Add mushrooms (or beyond meat if using)
- Cook for 10 minutes on medium until liquid dissipates
- Add 2 cans of roasted tomatoes
- Add chili seasoning
- Cook on low
- Chop remaining vegetables: red pepper, celery, carrots, sweet potato, jalapeño, zucchinis
- Add chopped vegetables to crock pot
- Add sautéed vegetables (beyond meat, if using)
- Add tomato sauce
- Add drained beans
- Add vegetable broth
- Put top on crock pot, turn on low, cover….and walk away for 6 to 8 hours.
- When you get home from work, switch to serve mode on the crock pot, and you are done!
- Enjoy a hot hearty meal all while you were gone at work.
CASHEW SOUR CREAM:
- Drain and rince cashews
- Put all ingredients in a cup sized blender
- Blend until smooth
- Place in refrigerator to cool prior to serving