Bite into these little zucchini coins for a fabulous appetizer or snack. Crunchy and delicious with very little fat and calories.
- 2 medium green zucchinis, sliced in 1/4 inch rounds
- 1 cup almond flour (or any flour rod choice)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
BREAD CRUMB MIXTURE
- 1 1/2 cups Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (I used Monterey Steak Seasoning)
- 1 cup almond milk (or plant milk of choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a silicone baking mat or parchment paper to line a baking sheet
- Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch coins
- Arrange three separate, shallow bowls: 1 for plant milk, 1 for the flour mixture and 1 for the bread crumb mixture.
- Dip each coin in plant milk, then in the flour mixture, then back in the plant milk, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Make sure each coin is completely covered.
- Lay each coin on the baking mat/baking sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes until crispy
- Arrange the coins on a plate and serve with your favorite dip, or eat just as they are! You won’t be disappointed.