This quick and easy dinner will satisfy the pickiest eaters. Brussel sprouts transform when bathed in a red coconut curry sauce.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends removed and snapped in half
- 1 pound fresh Brussel sprouts, ends cut off and sliced in half (TIP: Soak Brussel sprouts in cold salt water to remove any dirt and bugs that tend to embed in between the payers)
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into slivers
- 1 red pepper, cried into slivers
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cps cooked brown rice (1/2 cup per serving; served on the side)
COCONUT CURRY SAUCE
- 2 cans organic low-fat coconut milk (13.6 oz. each can)
- 4 Tablespoons Red Curry Paste
- 7 ounces (1/2 package) of extra firm organic tofu
- 1 Tablespoons Curry paste
- 2 Tablespoons water or vegetable broth
- Using a tofu press, press tofu slowly to reduce excess water (you may also use paper towels and a heavy book if you don’t have a tofu press)
- Cut block into inch thick sections; then cut into one inch squares or triangles
- In a small bowl combine curry paste and water (or vegetable broth)
- Whisk together
- Toss sauce on tofu triangles/squares
- Pre-heat oven o 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Place tofu triangles/squares in a single layer on the pan
- Bake for 30 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk together 2 cans of coconut milk and curry paste
STEAM BEANS AND BRUSSEL SPROUTS
- Drain and rinse Brussel sprouts
- Using a steamer or in a steamer pan, steam beans and Brussel sprouts together for 7 minutes (half the recommended time)
- In a WOK, sauté onion, garlic and ginger together until translucent
- Add red peppers and cook for 3 minutes
- Add steamed Brussel sprouts and beans
- Add red pepper flakes
- Stir fry in the WOK for 5 minutes; add Coconut/Curry Sauce
- Place vegetables cooked with coconut curry sauce into a deep bowl.
- Be sure to add extra sauce from the pan.
- Place tofu triangles/squares on top of the vegetables
- Serve with a side of brown rice, which is added as the dish is eaten.
- Serve with basil and fresh lime wedges
- Ofer additional red curry flakes