Looking for a quick and easy salad? Kale Asian Pasta Salad is for you. Not only is it easy to make, this salad is full of veggies and flavor.
I love Kale, not only because of its nutritional value. Kale also maintains it’s firmness, even after being dressed. The salad also contains very little pasta, so if you are worried about carbs, you have nothing to worry about.
Although the main elements of the salad are vegetable based, the mandarin organs bring this dish together.
With 10 minutes of prep time while the pasta cooks, you will have dinner in under 20 minutes and lunch the next day.Print
Savory and sweet, this salad will fill you up and send you back for a second helping.
- 8 ounces bow ties pasta (or any pasta)
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 4 mandarin oranges (peeled, sliced in half and sectioned) clementines also work
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded white cabbage
- 1 cup Teriyaki Sauces of Choice
- Bring 6 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt and boil
- Add pasta and reduce heat to simmer
- Cook according to package instructions (11-13 minutes)
- Chop the vegetables and cut the oranges
- When pasta is cooked, immediately drain and run cold water over pasta to stop cooking.
- Pasta should be cool when placed with other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, put vegetables and pasta together
- Toast with dressing