Oil Free Potato Vegetable Pancakes are delicious, guilt-free and simple to make.
- 3 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- 1 medium, shredded Zucchini
- 1 medium Turnip
- 1 large, peeled Parsnip
- 1 large, peeled Carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped Green Onions
- 1/3 cup Wheat flour (gluten-free flour works well too)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Dill, chopped
Dijon Maple Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
Draining and Preparing Zucchini:
- Grate 1 medium zucchini.
- Place all grated zucchini in a cheese clothe or thin clean towel
- Squeeze all the water from the zucchini
- Peel and cut both types potatoes in half.
- Peel and cut carrot, parsnip, turnip in large chunks similar to the size of the potato.
- Boil for approximately 10 minutes, until the vegetables start to become tender.
- Drain in a colander.
- Return to pan for a cold water bath and immediately cover in cold water to stop cooking.
- Drain again.
- Using a food processor, on the shredding mode, shred the potatoes, carrot, parsnip and turnip
Forming Pancakes/Cooking Pancakes:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine zucchini, shredded vegetables, chopped dill, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/3 cup floured and spices.
- Stir until everything is combined.
- Using a burger mold, or forming with your hands, make 5 large potato vegetable cakes or several smaller ones.
- You can even make appetizer sliders if you wish (double the amount).
- Using a cookie sheet, cover in parchment paper or a silicone mat
- Cook potato cakes for 30 minutes at 400 degrees
- While the pancakes cook, make the sauce
Mustard Dijon Sauce:
- In a glass measuring cup, combine dijon mustard and maple syrup
- Whisk together
- Set aside
- Remove stem from kale.
- Cut kale into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium sauce pan, boil 1/4 cup water.
- Once the water is boiling, add kale and cover for 3 minutes
- Remove cover and drain in a colander
- Place one Potato Cake in the middle of the plate.
- Place kale on the side.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the sauce over the potato cake and the kale
- Using the reserved green onions, add a few green onions and a spring of dill