Creamy and crunchy, this sandwich is a power-house of flavors and full of super foods.
- 1/4 cup Wheat Bulgur
- 4 cups ( 3 to 4 bunches) finely chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup, finely chopped Mint
- 6 Green Onions, chopped
- 1 cup Lemon juice
- 3 cloves, minced Garlic
- 12, sliced Grape Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Pepper
- 15 ounce can Chickpeas, drained (retain juice “aquafaba” from can)
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon Lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons Tahini
- 3 Tablespoons Chickpea juice (Aquafaba)
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Vegan Wrap/or Tortilla
- 2 leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 6 sliced Grape Tomatoes
- Soak the bulgur in water for 20 – 25 minutes in a large bowl.
- The length of time required for soaking will depend on the size of the grains used.
- Another method is to put one cup boiling water with a box of bulgur and seasonings from the store and then refrigerate it for at least one hour.
- Add bulgur and all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Fluff with a fork, and place in the refrigerator.
- Drain chickpeas but retain the juice.
- Add all other ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor.
- I used a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- If hummus is not thin enough, add a like chickpeas juice (aquafaba)
- Lay the tortilla or wrap on a flat surface.
- Add hummus to the middle of the sandwich and spread evenly.
- Add tabbouleh in the center, following the same pattern as the hummus.
- Add additional tomatoes and lettuce.
- Cut and serve.