Crunchy savory bites of mushrooms on crisp bite sized pieces of bread. What else could you want in one bite?
- 8 ounces Button Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 8 ounces Baby Bellas or Other Mushrooms of Choice, sliced thin
- 8 ounces Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 2 large, minced Shallots
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Parsley, chopped
- 2 long springs Rosemary, chopped (stems removed)
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 2 Tablespoons Tamari, Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Worcestershire Sauce (I used Amy’s)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 loaf French Bread, sliced into bite sized pieces
Optional: you can use gluten-free bread or any type of bread you prefer.
Sautéed Mushrooms and Shallots
- In a medium sauté pan, on medium heat, heat garlic, and chopped shallot until fragrant (3 minutes). I do not use oil or butter; instead I use a non-stick pan and a small amount of vegetable broth if needed.
- Add the mushrooms and saute; the mushrooms need to cook for a while, so be patient.
- Add the rosemary and thyme and stir, cooking some more.
Add Herbs and Wine
- Once your mushrooms are cooked (they begin to brown and start to stick to the pan, add the Tamari,Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in wine. Cook a while longer, so the ingredients come together.
- Slice your french bread in 1/2 sliced and place on to a baking sheet.
- Put bread in the oven at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Take the bread out of the oven and using a spoon, cover the surface of each piece of bread with the mushroom mixture.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.