Dinner in 20 minutes? Yes, it can be done. Oil-Free Vegan Pasta can made made in 20 minutes with minimal mess. Although I love to cook, sometimes life gets in the way. Tonight resembled one of those nights. Despite never attempting to cook everything inside one pot, I tired and succeeded.
With six simple ingredients, in one pot, and 20 minutes, I created an incredible pasta dish. Although I was skeptical, the meal was delectable, and I plan to embark on a new, quick vegan meal cooking journey for those of you who don’t have time to cook.
When researching recipes, I found fat laden, oil-filled one pot pastas, and I wondered why not skip the oil, and make vegan? No one ever thought of that? So, I ‘veganized’ a one-pot pasta and left out the oil, and as miracles have it, it worked.
Although I chose whole grain spaghetti pasta, you can use gluten-free pasta, or a different type of noodle if you choose. Addiitonally, with a few simple ingredients: two cans of organic fire roasted tomatoes, a large onion, garlic, organic vegetable broth, and some fresh herbs and seasoning, I created a dinner for 6 people in one pot.
So, if you are someone who doesn’t like to cook, or doesn’t have time, this is the entree for you. My husband thought I spent hours in the kitchen. Honestly, it was 20 minutes total including prepping, cooking and serving.
The fresh basil was key to the recipe. I used basil in the pasta while it cooked, as well as garnishing with basil at the end. Simple does not even begin to describe this culinary event. If you are someone who doesn’t like to cook, then this is the dish for you.
Furthermore, you can add any vegetables you wish. If you want asparagus, mushrooms, spinach, or any other vegetables, just add to the ingredients in the recipe below.
I also served the pasta dish with Vegan Naan, which I made in advance and froze. I made minis, so I could toast them in the toaster 2 minutes before the pasta finished cooking. The kids came for dinner, and I fed a family of six without any time or much cost for the simple ingredients.
My family approved; so will your family.Print
An incredible meal can be made in 20 minutes, in one pot, and taste like it was made by a chef. I didn’t believe in one-pot wonders until I tried it myself.
One Pot Wonder:
- 16 ounce package, dry Whole Grain Spaghetti Noodles (You may also use gluten free pasta)
- 2 14.5 ounce cans Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 5 cups Organic Vegetable Broth
- 3 cloves. minced Garlic
- 1 large, diced White Onion
- 2 teaspoons Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup, chopped Fresh Basil
- 1 Tablespoons dried Oregano
One Step…..the Beauty of One Pot Cooking:
- In a large pot, add diced onions and garlic.
- Turn stove to medium high and cook for 2 minutes until garlic and onions are translucent.
- Break pasta in half an put into pot.
- Add two cans of tomatoes.
- Add vegetable broth.
- Add 1/2 of basil, oregano, pepper, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every two minutes.
- Remove from heat.