Quick and easy no-fried vegetable rice takes little effort and packs a lot of flavor.
- 8 ounce package, sliced Baby Bellas or Other Mushrooms of Choice
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 12 ounce bag Frozen Organic Peas and Carrots
- 4 cups cooked Long-Grain Brown Rice
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1/4 cup Tamari, Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha (more if you like it spicy; less or none if you do not prefer spice)
Cooking the Rice:
- Add 2 cups of brown rice to 3 1/2 cups of water in a small pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Do not disturb rice or peak at it. Leave it to cook it properly.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
Sautéing the Vegetables:
- Sauté garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add Mushrooms, and cook until browned.
- Microwave carrots and peas for 5 minutes in bag (or follow directions on bag)
- Add to onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add to rice mixture after adding add vegetables and rice.
Putting it all Together:
- Add brown rice.
- Stir together.
- Add sauce and toss until everything is hot.
- Serve in a bowl with chop sticks or a fork.