This simple, yet complex tasting salad is a meal of textures and immense flavors
- 3 whole, fresh Roasted, chopped Beets
- 1 bulb Fennel cut into small ribbons or sticks
- 16 ounces Baby Arugula
- 1 small Red Onion, sliced in ribbons
- 1/2 cup chopped Dried Apricots
- 2 sliced Pears cut into ribbons or small sticks
- 4 ounces Marcona Almonds
- 2, sliced Avocado
OIL-FREE SHERRY VINAIGRETTE
- 1/3 cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon, dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ground Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash beets and cut off leaves and ends but leave skin on.
- Wrap beets in aluminum foil in a packet together.
- Place packet on a cookie sheet.
- Roast for 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove skins (which should slide right off).
- Cut beets into sticks, or ribbons.
*Quick Tip: You can buy canned shredded or sliced beets in a can (drain and rinse prior to putting on salad)
MAKE THE DRESSING
- Add all the ingredients to a cup sized blender.
- Blend until combined. Place in refrigerator until you are using.
- It will last one week in the refrigerator.
CUT OTHER VEGETABLES/FRUITS
- Cut fennel, onions, apricots, and pears in uniform size to the way you cut the beets.
TOSS SALAD TOGETHER/RESERVE AVOCADO FOR GARNISH
- In a large bowl, combine arugula and all other fruits and vegetables.
- Toss with the dressing and distribute into four large bowls.
- Add 1/4 sliced and fanned avocado to the top of each salad as a garnish.
- Grind fresh ground pepper over the top if you wish.