Try this low carb, crunchy sandwich stuffed with roasted and raw vegetables with a smear of hummus.
- 2 Vegan Lavash Wraps (I bought mine at Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 cup yellow squash
- 1/2 cup zucchini
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup hummus (I used plain oil-free, but you can choose your flavor)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
- Chop broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash, and onion in similar sizes because you will be roasting them together.
- Toss the chopped vegetables in garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt
- Put in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bite sized pieces will roast in 30 minutes; the smaller you cut the vegetables, the quicker they will roast, so watch them carefully.
- In the meantime, chopped tomatoes and spinach into smaller pieces; set aside
- Removed vegetables from oven, and allow them o cool enough to touch.
- Pre-heat the panini maker, grill or skillet (you do not need oil)
- Using the lavash on a flat surface, put a thin layer of hummus on the base of the bread through the middle.
- Add raw vegetables first: Spinach, carrots, and tomatoes (they provide a barrier for the roasted vegetables, so you can roll your lavash without it breaking from the moisture in the cooked vegetables.
- Roll it like a tortilla, tucking one side in first before tightly rolling.
- Place on panini maker and grill on medium low until toasted.
- Cut and serve.
- I served on the side with a salad.