Although Roasted Cauliflower is versalile for a variety of dishes, Tahini Roasted Cauliflower is in a league all its own.
If you love cauliflower and tahini, this combination with dates and pistachios will peak your interest. First, the combination of sweet, crunchy and savory clearly makes this dish delightful.
Although I wish I created this concoction myself, I didn’t. During one of my many trips to one of my favorite restaurants, True Food Kitchen, I ordered Charred Cauliflower. Despite eating it several time, it took me while to master the combination of ingredients to master it at home.
Even though I love going out for dinner, cooking at home and sharing what I make gives me a lot of pleasure. Since True Food Kitchen is only in Arizona and California, I figured I should share this incredible dish with everyone, so we can all enjoy it.
Not only is Tahini Roasted Cauliflower easy to make, it reheats well for lunch the next day. As an appetizer, side dish, or entree, you will love this recipe as much as I do.Print
Creamy, savory and delicious, you will obsess over this cauliflower recipe. YUM!
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped pistacios
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup lemon
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons Harissa (you may use 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes in place of Harissa)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper
- After cleaning and cutting cauliflower into bite sized florets, place a single layer on the baking sheet
- Sprinkle with garlic powder
- Cook in 400 degree for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool to the touch
- Combine all ingredients in a cup sized blender
- Blend until smooth
- Set Aside
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
- Place cooled cauliflower in a medium sized bowl
- Add chopped dates
- Add chopped pistachios
- Add 3/4 of dressing
- Stir to coat cauliflower
- Pour into a casserole dish
- Bake again for 20 minutes
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with chopped dill
- Serve with additional dressing on the side, or use for a salad 🙂