Guiltless tater tots! What more could you ask for? Gluten-Free, Fat-Free and oh so yummy!
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cut into equal sized large chunks (2 cups mashed)
- 2 medium zucchini, grated (1 1/2 cup grated)
- 1/3 cup almond flour (more may be needed)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or Cajun seasoning
- Add 2 Tablespoons chopped rosemary
- Add 2 Tablespoons chopped dill
- Add 1 Tablespoon liquid smoke
- Add 1/2 small chopped onion
- Add 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- Peel a large sweet potato and cut it into large similar sized chunks
- Place sweet potato chunks in a pan and cover with water.
- Boil; reduce heat to medium low and cook until sweet potato is cooked through and tender when stabbed with a fork (approximately 20 minutes)
- Using a cheese grater, shred both zucchinis
- Using a paper towel, toss to get rid of some of the water in the zucchini
- When sweet potato is cooked through, drain the water.
- Place sweet potato is a bowl and mash throughly with a fork until no large chunks exist.
- Add grated zucchini
- Add flour, nutritional yeast, and seasonings.
- Stir together with a fork, mixing all the ingredients together.
- The mixture will be damp. If it is wet, add more almond flour.
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Prepare a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Using your hands, forms similar size tater tots.
- Place each tot on the pan about 1/4 inch or less apart
- Make sure the oven is hot and pre-heated before you put the tots in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes; then roll each one over and bake 15 more minutes