If you LOVE BBQ like I do, you will love this “pulled” sweet potato sandwich recipe. It is easy to make and will disappear from your dinner table in minutes.
Pulled Sweet Potatoes:
- 2 large Sweet Potatoes
- 1 diced White Onion
- 1 seeded and diced Jalapeno
- 2 cloves, minced Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 3 teaspoons Fresh Ground Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 15 ounce can Organic Tomato Sauce
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Grape Jelly
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Shred the Sweet Potatoes and Add Vegetables and Seasonings:
- Using a food processor, shredding blade, shred two large sweet potatoes with the skin on.
(You can also use a hand shredder).
- Place contents in a large bowl.
- Add diced onion, garlic , jalapeno, and all seasonings.
Toss with your hands to coat potatoes.
Cook Sweet Potatoes and Added Mixture:
- In a large non-stick skillet, on medium heat, cook potatoes until brown before flipping to cook other side.
- Allow to cook completely before flipping.
- Continue to cook for 20 minutes or until all potatoes and onions are brown.
- Add a small amount of vegetable broth if your potatoes stick, but not too much.
Make BBQ Sauce:
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Heat in a sauce pan until hot.
- Add about a cup of BBQ to the cooked sweet potatoes.
- Store the remaining ingredients.
- It should last 1 week in the refrigerator.
- QUICK TIP: If you are in a hurry, use a store bought BQ sauce instead of making your own.