Vegan Coney Chili Sauce….The Real Deal!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 11 ounce bag of Beyond Beef
- 1 16 ounce can Muir Glen Tomato Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 3 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- Place the garlic and onion in a medium sized skillet, and cook on medium until translucent
- Add the Beyond Beef Crumbles and cook until brown
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook until combined
- Keep on low until ready to serve, or cook ahead of time and reheat when ready to eat.
We used this one batch of sauce for chili smart dogs and chili fries on another day. I wished I had doubled the batch! That’s how good it was.
For chili fries, bake your potatoes without oil. For this particular recipe, I used potato coins, cooked in 425 degree oven for 45 minutes on a silicone mat. No oil needed. Top with chili sauce, onions, and YUM!