Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad is a simple version of chickpea salad. I love curry, so today while I was preparing lunches for the week, I decided to make a chickpea salad with curry. Although I always prepare lunches for the week on Sundays, I decided I should start early, so we could enjoy the Super Bowl Game.
Cooking on the weekend makes healthy eating easier all week long. I generally cook a big pot of vegan soup or stew, and prep salads and other healthy foods to easily throw in a lunch bag.
In order to make this salad, all you need is a few ingredients. Not only is mashing chickpeas, adding carrots, celery, onions, and cranberries simple, it takes only a few minutes. The dressing is pretty simple as well; its all about the combination of flavors and how much curry you like.
Remember, the curry and other spices enhance in favor as they sit in the refrigerator. Moreover, you can always add more later; however, you can’t take it away once it is mixed in.
So, if you are a weekend food preparation person like me, give it a try. It is quick and easy to prepare and you will love every bite. I promise.Print
This salad is easy to make for a great sandwich spread or a side salad. It is vegan, low in fat and full of flavor. If you like curry, you will love this! salad.
The Sandwich Spread:
- 3 cans drained, chickpeas pulsed in a food processor
- 1, diced White Onion
- 3, diced Carrots
- 4 stalks, diced Celery
- 1/4 cup chopped Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup, fresh, chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup low-fat Vegenaise or Silken Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Pinch of each Salt and Pepper
- In a food processor, mash chickpeas by pulsing the food processor about 20 times.
- You want them smashed, not pasty. There can be some whole or half ones left.
- Scrape them into a large bowl.
- Chop carrots, celery, onions and cranberries.
- Add to the smashed chickpeas.
- In a single blender cup add all ingredients and blend.
- Pour dressing in large bowl.
- Scrape sides.
- Stir well.
- Adjust seasoning as you desire.
- I made sandwiches with Dave’s Bread, Tomato and lettuce.
- It is also great in a bowl.
Tip: If taking this sandwich to work; toast your bread and put in a separate bag.
- Put the salad in a container.
- You can warm up your toast in the microwave, and you have the same sandwich you can eat in your own kitchen at work.