This salad is easy to make for a great sandwich spread or a side salad. It is vegan, low in fat and full of flavor. If you like curry, you will love this! salad.
The Sandwich Spread:
- 3 cans drained, chickpeas pulsed in a food processor
- 1, diced White Onion
- 3, diced Carrots
- 4 stalks, diced Celery
- 1/4 cup chopped Dried Cranberries
- 1/4 cup, fresh, chopped Parsley
- 1/2 cup low-fat Vegenaise or Silken Tofu
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- Pinch of each Salt and Pepper
- In a food processor, mash chickpeas by pulsing the food processor about 20 times.
- You want them smashed, not pasty. There can be some whole or half ones left.
- Scrape them into a large bowl.
- Chop carrots, celery, onions and cranberries.
- Add to the smashed chickpeas.
- In a single blender cup add all ingredients and blend.
- Pour dressing in large bowl.
- Scrape sides.
- Stir well.
- Adjust seasoning as you desire.
- I made sandwiches with Dave’s Bread, Tomato and lettuce.
- It is also great in a bowl.
Tip: If taking this sandwich to work; toast your bread and put in a separate bag.
- Put the salad in a container.
- You can warm up your toast in the microwave, and you have the same sandwich you can eat in your own kitchen at work.