Curry on pizza? yes, it is possible, and the flavors are incredible. Although you can make your own crust, if you are in a hurry, opt for a vegan crust from Whole Foods or your local market.
If you are following a no oil plant based, diet, I have included an easy homemade crust. You can also make individual pizzas on vegan English muffins, or a whole wheat tortilla.
Although the sauce is simple, the flavors are creamy and intense. The tahini drizzle and cilantro bring all the flavors together.Print
This simple pizza can be made in a few minutes with a few ingredients. The flavors are fabulous; a little spicy and a lot of creamy. The perfect comfort food!
HOMEMADE NO-OIL CRUST
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fast-active dry yeast (you need to use fast acting or if won’t work)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 Tablespoons Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste
- 3 Tablespoons light coconut milk
- One hot house tomato, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- Chop cilantro (make sure you wash well; cilantro has a lot of sand inside the leaves)
- 2 garlic cloves.
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste.
- 1/2 cup well-stirred tahini (Middle Eastern sesame paste)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice.
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro.
- Tahini Sauce: garlic cloves, salt, tahini
- 1 bunch Cilantro (chopped)
HOMEMADE PIZZA CRUST
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 3/4 cup flour, quick active yeast, sugar, salt, and garlic powder
- Stir in 1 cup warm water (120-130 degrees). DO NOT USE HOT WATER
- When ingredients are combines, remove dough from the bowl and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Knead in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour for about 3 minutes, until it is smooth and stretches easily.
- Return dough to bowl, and cover with a towel for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12 inch circle
- Transfer to a prepared baking pan lined with a silicone mat (I used a pizza stone)
- Cook for 8 minutes and remove.
- Let cool, so you can prepare the toppings
- In a small bowl, whisk coconut milk and curry paste
- Set aside
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans
- Slice tomato, onion, and red bell peppers
- Blend all ingredients together except for cilantro.
- Chop cilantro and add to sauce
Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees
MAKING THE PIZZA:
- First, spread the curry sauce all over the crust
- Add red onions, bell peppers, tomatoes slices and garbanzo beans, evenly distributing over the crust.
- Bake in 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven
- Let cool a few minutes
- Drizzle with tahini sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro
- Use a pizza cutter to slice pieces.