Homemade Vegan French Dressing is not only easy to make, it is healthy as well. Made from raw cashews, this dressing tastes creamy and delicious without any added sugars or processed fats.
In fact, this dressing can be transformed into Thousand Island Dressing by adding chopped pickles.
In order to accommodate all diets, I have provided a nut free recipe as well.
French dressing, not only is great on salads, it also is a great sandwich spread or vegetable dip. Similarly, vegan thousand island is fabulous on a plant-based reuben, or as a drizzle on steamed vegetables.
Regardless of how you use this dressing, you will be pleased. My husband says it tastes just like the ‘real deal.’Print
This thick and creamy dressing is the perfect topping for any salad or sandwich. By simple adding one ingredient, you create thousand island dressing.
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight but not necessary)
- 1/2 cup organic ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons agave (you can sub maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Variation 1 and 2: (If you are allergic to nuts)
- Substitute 1/2 cup Vegenasie for nuts and reduce water to 1/4 cup or
- Substitute 1/2 cup silken tofu for nuts and use 1/2 cup water
THOUSAND ISLAND DRESSING
- Follow any of the above variations and add 1/2 cup of diced pickles
- DO NOT blend pickles when you make dressing; stir them in after blending
- Blend all ingredients in the blender
- Cover and Refrigerate
- Will last 7 days in a refrigerator