The vibrant colors of Fall are at their height, and Vegan Harvest Apple Maple Dijon Slaw is the prefect way to welcome Fall.
Tonight, I decided to use the some vibrant purple and napa cabbage with some Michigan Fuji apples to create a smokey, maple dijon salad.
The sweet taste of the apples with the hint of maple and dijon gives this salad the comfort of Fall. Enjoy this as a side dish or a salad for lunch. It keeps well overnight, so don’t be afraid to dress the whole salad and reserve some for lunch tomorrow.Print
This beautiful fall slaw is the combination of savory and sweet. It is a perfect side dish to an entree.
- 1/2 small napa cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 small purple cabbage, chopped
- 2 Fuji apples, sliced and then cut in half (soaked in 2 Tablespoons lemon juice to prevent browning)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 cup raw cashew, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut and combine all ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Pour dressing over salad
- Toss in dressing
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving