This savory brunch dish is so delicious, you won’t believe it’s vegan, low-fat, or this fabulous.
Jackfruit Crab Cake
- 1 20 ounce can of Jackfruit in Brine
- 1 while onion, minced
- 3 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Musrad
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Dulse flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs (or any breadcrumbs)
Cashew Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in water overnight); this is recommended but not required. If you do not have time to soak, just blend longer.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Jalapeno, deseeded
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 6 Vegan English muffins (you may use gluten-free), toasted
- 1 16 ounce package sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1 large Hot House tomato (sliced into 6 slices)
- 2 Avocados, sliced thin
Jackfruit Crab Cake
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees
- Drain brine from the Jackfruit can
- Remove any visible seeds, if any remain in the jackfruit
- Place jackfruit in a food processor and pulse until chopped. DO NOT OVER PROCESS. It should look shredded.
- Place shredded jackfruit into a large bowl, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Using a fork, mix well.
- I used my Cuisinart Burger Press to form my cakes. You can also use your hands.
- You may cook immediately, or you can place in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake, or you can freeze.
- Form 6 cakes and place on a silicone mat lined baking sheet or you can use parchment paper.
- Place in a 400 degree oven for 40 minutes
Chipotle Cashew Cream
- Drain the cashews and rinse them.
- Place the cashews and all listed ingredients into a small blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Prepare Other Ingredients
- Sauté portobello mushrooms until brown; set aside
- Slice a large tomato into 6 slices
- Slice avocados into several thin slices
- Toast English muffins
Assemble the Benedict Accordingly
- Place the toasted English muffin on a plate first
- Then, place the baked Jackfruit Cake
- Follow with a slice of tomato
- Then, place sautéed mushrooms on top of the tomato
- Follow with thin slices of avocado and top with Cashew Chipolte sauce
- Topped with chopped cilantro