Baked, Flaky Mushroom and Spinach Struedal is elegant and savory.
- 1 sheet, thawed, rolled out Vegan Puff Pastry
- 16 ounces, sliced thin Baby Bellas or Other Mushrooms of Choice
- 3 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1 medium, diced Yellow Onion
- 1, minced Shallot
- 3 Tablespoons, fresh, chopped Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Tablespoon Tamari, Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup Organic Vegetable Broth
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ground Pepper
- 3 cups, Fresh Spinach DO NOT COOK with mushrooms
- Sauté onions, shallot and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add mushrooms.
- Sauté for 15 to 20 minutes until brown.
- Add vegetable broth and continue stirring.
- Add garlic powder and fresh ground pepper.
- Add soy sauce and wine.
- Add Dijon mustard.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until there is no fluid remaining.
- Remove from heat.
Vegan Puff Pastry
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry slightly.
- It should increase by an a few inches in length.
- Do not roll out too much; you don’t want it too thin.
- Using fresh spinach (NOT COOKED), cover the middle of the puff pastry with spinach.
- Add the mushroom mixture down he center of the puff pastry.
- Fold widthwise.
- Using a fork, seal along the length and ends.
- Using a spatula, carefully move the strudel onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35 minutes on a cooking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Remove from oven.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- I served with Buttery Butter Bean Mashed Potatoes and ‘No’Chicken’ Gravy.