Kimchi Pancakes are light, spicy pancakes made from Kimchi and Rice Flour. Oil-Free and Gluten-free, this flavorful pancake is a wonderful appetizer, side dish or main entree.
- 1 cup, drained and chopped small Vegan Kimchi (DO NOT DISCARD KIMCHI JUICE)
- 1 cloves, minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Rice Flour
- 3/4 cup Kimchi Juice/Fluid
- 1/8 cup Tamari, Liquid Aminos, or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 thinly sliced Green Onions
- Measure 1 cup of drained Kimchi.
- Reserve fluid, so make sure to strain it.
- Place kimchi in a mini chopper or chop small by hand (I used a food processor and pulsed until small).
- Put chopped kimchi in a mixing bowl.
PRE-HEAT NON-STICK PAN/MIX PANCAKE
- Put chopped, drained kimchi in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup rice flour and garlic to kimchi in the bowl.
- Pour 3/4 cup kimchi juice/fluid reserved into the bowl.
- Mix with a spoon.
- It will be thick.
- Pre-heat pan on medium high.
- It is important the pan is hot BEFORE you put the kimchi pancake batter in the pan.
- It should sizzle.
- Pour batter into the medium high heated pan.
- Spread to make evenly distributed.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on each side, checking the pancake often with a spatula.
- When it is time to flip the pancake, I used a large round plastic plate.
- I flipped the pancake onto the plastic plate and then returned it to the pan on the opposite side.
- Cook the opposite side for 8-10 minutes, until brown and cooked on both sides.
- Flip cooked pancake onto a flat surface (I use a cutting board)
- Using a pizza cutter, cut it into equal sections.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve with sauce on the side.