Have you ever eaten Trader Joes Meatless Meatballs? Although I like making my own version of vegan meatballs, (Vegan Lentil Meatballs), I was in a hurry and in need of a quick appetizer to take to a party. I had to work all day, and we had to be at the party an hour after I was expected home, so I opted for the quick option.
My grandma used to say if we knew what was in her meatball recipe, no one would eat them. But, if you tasted them and knew how delicious they were, you would never imagine care what was in them. I’m sure that isn’t how I would feel today, but as a kid, what tasted good we ate.
This recipe is so simple and so easy to make, anyone can do it. I use my crock pot, and it takes all of 5 minutes, unless you are making your own meatballs. Meat-eaters and vegan alike LOVE these little tangy veggie balls. So, if you are looking for a quick and easy appetizer to take anywhere to please all people, try this one. You won’t be disappointed.Print
Oil-Free and Fabulous. Even Meat-Eaters Love these Meatless Meatballs
- 2 bags Trader Joes Meatless Meatballs or my lentil meat ball recipe (click the link) Oil-Free Vegan Swedish Lentil Meatballs to make the lentil meatballs instead.
- 1 20 ounce jars of Concord Grape Jam
- 3 12 ounce jars Heinz Chili Sauce
- In a high speed blender, mix the grape jam and chili sauce in a crock pot
- Use a whisk to combine grape jam and chili sauce
- Add meat balls
- Gently stir
- Turn on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours if meatballs are frozen
- Stir GENTLY a few times while cooking
I took these meatballs to a carnivore party, and I didn’t tell anyone they were vegan. In fact, my husband and I sat back and watched as the entire crock pot disappearred. People asked me for the recipe. Vegans 1 Carnivores 0