Guilt-Free Banana French Toast with hot maple syrup is a prefect weekend treat. The batter is so easy to prepare, and within minutes you will have deletable french toast. Make sure to add fresh sliced bananas or strawberries as a beautiful garnish.
Bread Dipping Bath
- 1 cup Unsweetened, Almond Milk
- 3 Bananas; 1 for the batter; reserve others for topping
- 1 Tablespoon Chi Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 6 slices Vegan Sour Dough Bread or Bread of Choice
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup, heated
French Toast Batter
- In a high speed blender, combine plant-milk, 1 banana, chi seeds, cinnamon, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon maple syrup.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes This is helps the chi seeds thicken the batter.
- Remove from refrigerator and place in a shallow large bowl to dip bread.
- Heat your non-stick pan to medium heat.
- You are not using oil, so you need to be patient and cook slowly, so each side is browned when cooking.
- Soak one slice of bread at a time, in the batter.
- Flip and do the same to the other side.
- When pan is heated, add batter covered bread.
- Cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Peek to make sure it is browned before you flip.
- Repeat with each slice of bread.
- Slice bananas and place between and on top of french toast.
- Pour hot maple syrup over the top.
Optional: Add Powdered Sugar